Disability benefits

Please see our answers to readers’ questions about disability benefits below. If you’d like to improve one of our answers about disability benefits or ask one of your own, please do, using the form below.

I am the SSI representative payee for my daughter. She started a new job, and I need an easy way to report her wages to Social Security. Is there a phone number I can use where I won’t have a long hold time?

Yes! The phone number is 866-772-0953.

Before you call, know your daughter’s gross wages for the previous month, and have her Social Security number handy. The reporting must be done on one of the first six days of the month after which the wages are earned. For example, you will report her wages for May 2019 at some point from June 1 to June 6, 2019.

Of course, your daughter can make the report herself using this phone number if she is able to and will do so reliably.

Can you add to or improve one of our answers? Do you have a question of your own? Fill out this form to let us know.